16 August 2012

AfterEffects and zPutties

I've been wanting to learn AfterEffects for a while. I don't know enough about video production to know whether it is the top dog, but I believe it is one of the wider-used programs for video editing and special effects.

And of course, the reason I would want to learn it is to one day make my own films and add effects to them. I do own a old zPutty costume, which I am slowly restoring to glory. I would like to follow in the same line as another site, which sadly is no longer updated: http://sbs.vc.

The webmaster for that site is one I am very jealous of. He owns numerous minion bodysuits, gloves, boots, masks, and weapons. He had on his site a plethora of videos of himself as a minion, pretending to be defeated in battle, writhing in the ground, and dying.

I wish to make these sorts of videos as well, but with audio and visual effects added. Specifically zPutties videos. I have found various sound effects—putty babble, the metal ‘clang’ sound they made when hit, and the sounds made when they were hit in the Z and shattered. If nothing else, it would be a fun project. :-) Even if the videos ended up sucking.

So hopefully, in the coming year or so, this will be something that comes to fruition. I will be taking on AfterEffects in the months to come. We shall see what happens from there.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad that he doesn't have the movies up anymore. The two he does have are pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are; I wish he was still around. Can't explain why many of these such sites have disappeared from the web, without any others popping up to replace them.

      Maybe if I can get in the habit of keeping this one updated, it can be a suitable substitute. :)

      Delete