02 June 2013

The Hidrer Soldiers from Dengeki Sentai Changeman

I've made no secret that my favorite minions to fetishize are the Z-Putties from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. But if I had to choose a next favorite, it would definitely be the Hidrer Soldiers from Dengeki Sentai Changeman. You would probably not be surprised to hear that they share a number of things in common with the Z-Putties.

The Hidrer Soldiers are the blue-skinned, yellow-haired alien grunts of the Great Star League Gozma. They hatch from eggs and can materialize their buzzsaw-like weapons out of thin air.

Like Z-Putties, Hidrers are feral in nature. They obey their masters, but are otherwise completely tameless and irrational. They fight seemingly on instinct with no particular coordination or method to their attacks.

Also like Z-Putties, they have a "one-hit kill" method. There is tubing on a Hidrer's torso that serves as something of a lifeline. When severed, the Hidrer "bleeds" steam from the opening before quickly evaporating.

I've also always enjoyed grunts who don't have belts. Maybe it's just me, but I think it shows their figure better without them. The Hidrers were the first Super Sentai grunts to not have them and it wouldn't be done again in Super Sentai until the Barmia Hei in Bakuryƫ Sentai Abaranger, 18 years later.

Unlike the Z-Putties, however, I do not have a costume of the Hidrers. That is not something easily rectified, but something I plan on commissioning sometime down the road.

1 comment:

  1. They're one of my favorites, because their feral nature is often underlined by their bucking and writhing, and the fact that their bodies are often left lying in so many shots. They're also perhaps the most consistently abused, being electrocuted, hit in the back of the head, etc.

    Know what I really like about them? The blue color. The light always hits them right. Oh, that and in the last 3 episodes, their hips bulges are gone, revealing their sleek, tight and sexy figures. I really love them. Maybe I'll screencap some for my fetlife profile, now that it's fresh in my mind.

    ReplyDelete